Skip to main content

Apple: Elite But Approachable

Any chance that you're reading this blog post on a MacBook computer? Or maybe you have an iPhone in your pocket right now? I'm willing to bet that the answer to at least one of these questions is a yes.

Apple products have become staples in our daily lives over the last twenty years, and Apple Inc. has become one of the most successful technology brands in history due to their cutting-edge designs and sleek marketing scheme. Their devices and software make us feel fancy and advanced, but are still manageable enough for even a young child or grandma to figure out.
This blog post is especially relevant because today at 1:00 PM Eastern Time, Apple unveiled its four newest models of the iPhone 12 (among other gadgets and technology updates). These new devices, along with Apple's newest operating system — iOS 14 — combine to create some of the most powerful technology available for personal use. Notable elements of the iPhone 12 include connection to 5G cellular, an A14 bionic chip (the fastest of any smartphone), and LiDAR scanning for augmented reality and low-light photography. 5G iPhones will be helpful for downloading important medical images, remotely designing factory spaces, and even for business users who benefit from faster connections.

To the average consumer, however, these selling points may not mean anything — but they certainly sound impressive. Apple has developed a connotation of legitimacy compared to other companies: “they tend to validate the technology, which is unfair because you could go out today and buy a Samsung phone” with 5G. Something about an Apple product seems magical and user-friendly, so even though 5G technology has existed for some time now, Apple presents it in a way that is more approachable and desirable for the average American. Investors are betting this new 5G release will motivate millions of customers to upgrade their devices.

The Apple brand can be somewhat intimidating because within the sleek devices, there is actually much more software capabilities than the average person is able to understand. This is where customer service comes in:
When you chat with an employee at the Genius Bar, it makes the whole experience of purchasing and utilizing an Apple product much less stressful. Genius Bar employees are the ones trained in the fine details: they know the ins and outs of the software, how to fix any problems you might run into, and which devices are best for a person's particular lifestyle. They also share personal anecdotes about how they like to use their Apple products. The man who sold me my AirPods taught me so many tips and tricks which made me even more excited to own them, and justified the somewhat expensive purchase. 

Apple's Genius Bars are one of the highlights of its stores. By hiring smart, outgoing individuals who are passionate about the products they sell, an inner groundswell of Apple is created which perpetuates the values that the brand strives to promote.

Are you the proud owner of an Apple product? What are your thoughts? Will you consider buying the new and improved iPhone 12? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

  1. Hey Anna! This topic has been super relevant in my life lately so I enjoyed reading your post. I'm not proud at all that I'm the owner of Apple products--I get so annoyed that their phones only last for so long before you have to buy the newest one. I've been thinking of switching to Android purely because I don't want to have to keep buying a new phone every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,
    Great post! I am a proud owner of Apple products. One thing about Apple that I have noticed is the company's great customer service. The Genius Bars are a key component to this, as they make Apple a friendly, approachable brand that helps entice consumers to keep buying their products. The brand also does a great job at engaging the groundswell each year with the virtual events that showcase their new products, like the one that took place last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna,
    Thank you for sharing. A few days ago, apple 12 was officially launched. The biggest concern about this product is that it no longer provides chargers and headphones, in order to be more environmentally friendly. This move, the message on the network is mixed, some optimistic, some pessimistic. But in my opinion, Apple seems to be using this new act to raise the popularity of Apple 12.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna

    Thank you for sharing. I am also one of the users of Apple. But I don't really like some of the features of the iPhone. Take the capacity of the battery. I find that my iPhone always drops its power very quickly. I hope future iphones will change that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment